VACANCY - Marketing and Communications Manager Part Time
VISUAL Carlow seeks an experienced candidate for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager.
This person will work as part of an excellent team of arts professionals to communicate and present VISUAL Carlow’s dynamic programme of activities and events to local, national and international audiences. They will work to build confidence and excitement about the arts and VISUAL, as we drive innovation in thinking and practice about art and public engagement; and encourage more and more people to appreciate the value of the arts and to take part.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Holidays: 10 days per annum,10 Public holidays per annum.
Contract: Fixed Term 1 year, Part Time Contract, 20 hours per week.
VISUAL is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The organisation is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, neuro diversity, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information, or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
If you would like to join the VISUAL team please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday the 22nd of March
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with VISUAL’s CEO and Creative Team to develop and implement marketing and audience development plans for each season of programming at VISUAL
- Managing and developing of content for VISUAL’s social media channels driving engagement, sales, building audience and increasing web traffic
- Managing VISUAL’s communication channels, website and social media, with a focus on accessibility, clarity and excellent user/customer experience
- Develop and implement PR opportunities for the artistic programme and organisation
- Manage existing and create new media relationships and partnerships
- Work closely with VISUAL’s CEO to enhance VISUAL’s brand identity and strategic value locally and nationally
- Work closely with the CEO and Artistic Director, and Creative Team to build audiences and engagement opportunities
- Coordinate the design and production of all advertising, brochures, online content, newsletters, posters for programme and organisation.
- Build strategic relationships with local/national partners in industry, education, and tourism sectors encouraging engagement with VISUALs programme and facilities.
- Manage the marketing budget while tracking the return on VISUAL’s marketing investment.
Other duties and obligations include:
- Acting as an ambassador and advocate in representing the centre
- Adhering to stated staff policies and procedures, as set down in the staff handbook
- Participating in training and development programmes/courses to maintain and improve performance and to assist in identifying self-training and support needs
- Participating and working within a performance management development system process
- Any other reasonable duties or projects that may be required in the role, as assigned by the CEO
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about the arts and entertainment sector
- Be organised and efficient
- Be attentive to detail
- Enjoy teamwork, building professional relationships
- Enjoy a fast-paced dynamic working environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of marketing in the arts sector
- Command of digital marketing strategy development and tools
- Command of Microsoft Office, website management, email marketing software and social media management
- Experience of developing/engaging audiences in the arts